Finnish Social Care Sme
IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role you will develop expertise in the business aspects of the IBM SPM product, and work directly with clients on requirements to develop solutions that improve the lives and wellbeing of vulnerable citizens. You will be the point of contact on-site for business related questions and issues that arise and require clarification, bringing your knowledge and opinions of social care to assist discussions with solution experts.
As an SPM business consultant, you will advise clients to define business drivers and associated IT capabilities with the services required. This often involves working in an agile way to define, document and prioritise requirements, whilst incorporating the associated user research and service design. You will help our clients understand that technology can affect the way they think and see the world.
Finally, you will combine your knowledge of the Finnish Social Care system and business analysis and consultancy skills to contribute to the successful delivery of the Central Finland Health and Social care projects.
To be successful in this role you need to be a clear communicator in both Finnish and English and have knowledge of the Social care processes of central Finland. You need to be passionate about technology, and how it can improve outcomes for citizens.
You will be expected to improve your knowledge of the IBM SPM Platform as required and be prepared to share your functional knowledge with clients.
Your primary responsibilities will be to
- Assist discussions with the social care organisations, bridging the gap between IBM delivery experts and social care experts, translating where needed between Finnish and English
- Research, analyse, define and document client business requirements and writing the functional documentation &
user stories required by the technical consultants who will implement our software
- Build a high level of trust and confidence with clients in relation to their knowledge of the business issues at hand and of IBM SPM and the proposed solutions, whilst upholding the same professional standards and work ethic expected of all our consultancy staff
- Ensuring that functional design covers the needs presented by the client and that requirements are definitive, appropriate, unambiguous and clearly understood
A Typical day for you could include
- Working on site representing IBM as our Finnish Social security expert, working with the IBM SPM functional subject matter experts, giving demonstrations of the software capabilities, performing fit/ gap analysis and advising on the best approach to implementing the IBM SPM product set from a functional perspective
- Working with the IBM SPM SMEs to advise clients on the functional extensions as necessary to address client specific requirements
- Hands on business analysis including defining and documenting business requirements and assisting in the determination and documentation of the most effective methodologies and best practice procedures
- Elicit, prioritise and document requirements including:
Process Flows, User Stories, Data definitions and/or logical data models, and Screen design and story boarding
- Development of customer presentation material.
- Travel to client sites across Finland
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent in English and Finnish
- Expert in the Social care processes of central Finland, local knowledge of Finnish society
- At least 2 years experience in a business consultant role in a large IT company
- An understanding of case management functionality and associated business processes of government social enterprises
- Ability to analyse current services and processes and identify opportunities to optimise, evaluating requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis
- Responsible for investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing and new services, driving the analysis and collection of information to create recommendations for service improvements
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of the target operating model and identifies the impact on operational service
- Record of positively influencing key stakeholders
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with business process analysis
- Experience with screen design and storyboarding
- A deep understanding of case management and associated business processes of Finnish social enterprises
- An understanding of how to implement and customize Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products minimizing the level of customization required by a client.
- Proven ability in the areas of written communication and presentation delivery
- Ability to facilitate meetings with clients
- Solid problem resolution and decision-making skills
- Ability to work as part of a team dedicated to delivering quality results.
- Display initiative and practical application
- Attention to detail and interact with clients at all levels of the organization
- Ability to translate into Swedish would also be an advantage
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.